**** This event has now passed. Please check back early next year for the date of our 2020 194th Babbacombe Regatta ****
We warmly welcome visitors to our regattas and try our best to deliver a great mix of sailing and social events.
The earliest recorded Babbacombe Regatta was in 1820 when it was won by Mr T Cary. These first Regattas were modest affairs and attracted mostly local sailors and crew. However the Regatta assumed more importance when a committee was set up in 1870. Their enthusiasm soon ensured that the Babbacombe Regatta became an essential part of Torbay’s sailing calendar. The Committee meets annually to ensure the continued success of this two day event.
For more information or to register your interest please email email@example.com
- The required entry fee per boat for both days is £15.00 for visitors; £10 for BCSC members and £10 for Juniors i.e. if the helm is under 18 on Sunday 16th June 2019. BCSC members can also hire club boats at no extra charge on a first-come; first-served basis.
- After race refreshment will be provided to entries.
- Our Commodore, Adrian Mark warmly invites you to his evening reception on the Saturday evening, 7.30pm onwards in the top clubhouse. Free Buffet included.
For any spectator, Oddicombe is a great place to spend a day. Including our own stocked galley, there is a very popular cafe/bar called Three Degrees West as well as a pub on an adjacent beach called The Cary Arms.
BCSC Perpetual Trophies and Certificates will be presented to all race winners. Silver Dinghy Pursuit race: First Prize; Second Prize; Third Prize.
Documents & Forms –
- Regatta Registration Form
- Notice Of Race
- Sailing Instructions
- Course Outline
- Sunday Pursuit Race Start Times
Further Information –
Our Commodore, Adrian Mark, warmly invites you to his evening reception & buffet in the Top Clubhouse on the Saturday evening.
So we can arrange adequate safety boat cover, we would ideally ask outside sailors to email through your attendance beforehand. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration is between 10.15-11.15am on Saturday 15th June or you can register in the top clubhouse, St Marychurch on the Friday evening between 8-9.30pm. You can print off a registration form above.
- We advise you to arrive in good time. Our Oddicombe Beach clubhouse and boat compound is accessed via the steep Oddicombe Beach Hill Road (or pedestrians via the easier Cliff Railway) from the northern end of Babbacombe Downs Road, Torquay. TQ1 3LB.
- Dinghies may be parked on the beach front at Oddicombe but vehicles must be removed a.s.a.p. to be parked on Babbacombe Downs Road or in the vicinity. Only a limited amount of overnight boat parking is available within the beach boat compound. Please contact our Vice Commodore for further information at the email address above.
- Please note that dogs are not allowed on the beach this time of year.
With thanks to Moatt Sails – not just a sail maker.