With the new season just a couple of months away, a perfect way to feed your thirst is to attend our regular Tuesday evening winter training talks.
We kick start these off on Tuesday 5th February at 8pm in the top clubhouse. These talks will appeal to all our members, not just sailors or volunteers, though they are focused towards our beach and sailing activities. Members who do not venture down the beach that much, please come along and see what we get up to. Members guests are very welcome.
We really hope these will be well attended and look forward to seeing you there.
The dates and topics are..
- Tuesday 5/02/19 – Introduction to the new season
- Tuesday 12/02/19 – Racing rules overview & quiz
- Tuesday 19/02/19 – Course setting and race starting
- Tuesday 26/02/19 – RNLI (Teignmouth Lifeboat Station representative John Turner) – Click for more info...
- Tuesday 5/03/19 – Safety boat techniques and knots
- Tuesday 12/03/19 – Racing techniques and tactics
- Tuesday 19/03/19 – Moatt Sails
- Tuesday 26/03/19 – Starting techniques
- Tuesday 2/04/19 – VHF Radio use
- Tuesday 9/04/19 – Mark roundings
- Tuesday 16/04/19 – Local weather, wind & waves
- Tuesday 23/04/19 – DutyMan & BeachMaster
Time 8pm Top Clubhouse