****This event has now past but please check back spring 2018 to find out the dates of our 192nd Babbacombe Regatta****
Join us for our 191st Babbacombe Regatta supported by Torquay Real Estate.
We warmly welcome visitors to our regattas and try our best to deliver a great mix of sailing and social events.
The earliest recorded Babbacombe Regatta was in 1820 when it was won by Mr T Cary. These first Regattas were modest affairs and attracted mostly local sailors and crew. However the Regatta assumed more importance when a committee was set up in 1870. Their enthusiasm soon ensured that the Babbacombe Regatta became an essential part of Torbay’s sailing calendar. The Committee meets annually to ensure the continued success of this two day event.
For more information or to register your interest please email email@example.com
- Adult £25 – includes free boat hire to BCSC sailors
- Junior £15 – includes free boat hire to BCSC sailors
- Our Commodore, Dave Homer warmly invites you to his evening reception on the Saturday 7.30pm onwards in the top clubhouse. Free Buffet included.
For any spectator, Oddicombe is a great place to spend a day. Including our own stocked galley, there is a very popular cafe/bar called Three Degrees West as well as a pub on an adjacent beach called The Cary Arms.
Further Information –
Our Commodore, Dave Homer, warmly invites you to his evening reception and buffet on the Saturday evening in our top clubhouse.
So we can arrange adequate safety boat cover, we would ideally ask outside sailors to email through your attendance beforehand. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration is between 10.15-11.15am. You can print off a registration form below.
- We advise you to arrive in good time. Our Oddicombe Beach clubhouse and boat compound is accessed via the steep Oddicombe Beach Hill Road (or pedestrians via the easier Cliff Railway) from the northern end of Babbacombe Downs Road, Torquay. TQ1 3LB.
- Dinghies may be parked on the beach front at Oddicombe but vehicles must be removed a.s.a.p. to be parked on Babbacombe Downs Road or in the vicinity. Only a limited amount of overnight boat parking is available within the beach boat compound. Please contact either of the Vice Commodores for further information.
- Please note that dogs are not allowed on the beach this time of year.
Notices and Forms