It is that time of year again when the darker evenings take hold and our evening sessions come to an end. This Tuesday is the last evening sail for this year. See details below
Next Saturday we are hoping to form a working group to help repair and replace the top section of the kayak rack. Details below, but if you can help especially if you are savvy with a saw, screwdriver or hammer & chisel, please get in touch with Stuart. Thanks
Have a good week.
This Week – Bottom Clubhouse.
- Tuesday 11th September 5.30pm – Twilight Trophy Race – Our last Tuesday of the year. Bring the bling and light up your boats. Lots of fun guaranteed. (Poundland a great place for buying cheap snap sticks)
- Saturday 15th September 10.00am – Working Party Needed to help repair the kayak rack.
The plan is:-
- Remove all the boats, kayaks and equipment from the kayak Rack and surrounding area. Place on the promenade temporarily.
- Strip off the existing plywood break up, bag up small bits, cut down larger pieces and stack neatly at one side. Ideally anyone with a pick up, trailer or means to dispose of the wood, would be most welcome.
- Fix in place decking boards, probably pre-cut to the right length, with decking screws.
- Replace all the boats, kayaks and equipment.
- Claw hammers, crowbar, heavy duty bags, broom & shovels.
- Cordless Drills, Saws.
- Means of disposing of the old wood. Van, Trailer etc.
If you can help in any way please get in touch with Stuart. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- Sunday 16th September 9.30am – Club Sailing
This Week – Top Clubhouse.
- Tuesday 11th September – 7.30pm – Clubhouse open as normal with Sailing Suppers available after club sailing.
- Wednesday 12th September – 8.00pm – Music Night – Genesis Live In Concert – Wembley 1987
- Thursday 13th September – 8.30pm – Quiz Night – Come and test your knowledge in our fun weekly quiz.
- Friday 14th September – 8.30pm onwards we have our weekly members draw. You have to be there to win it, so please come up and see if you are a winner.
- Saturday 15th September – 8.00pm onwards – Tennis Club social.