What’s happened to the summer! Luckily the forecast looks pretty good for the week ahead so normal sailing will resume Tuesday, Friday and so on.
It’s been another busy week at BCSC. Tuesday & Wednesday we ran another PowerBoat course for three new members. Well done to Alex Morgan, Susan Bailey and Maciej Targowsk on gaining your PB2 licence. (Pic in Gallery) Hope to see you out safety boating very soon.
This week was the end of our Friday night RYA onBoard junior training which has been running since early May. These onBoard sessions have seen over a dozen children regularly come down for sailing, and it is with pleasure that all children have either passed their RYA Stage 1 or RYA Stage 2. This week Michael Jamous and Lucy Fenner were the latest recruits to be awarded with their Stage 1, so big congrats to them. (Pic in gallery)
We hope you have all enjoyed your sailing and found these sessions lots of fun while benefiting from learning a new skill.
So what happens now for our new recruits? Well it’s time to put all that training to good use! The last thing you want to do now is stop sailing surely? You will be pleased to know that Friday night sailing continues throughout August, so you can continue to come down and get out on the water. These sessions will still be structured, and will have a session leader along with plenty of safety boat cover. The sailing area will be marked out and nothing too challenging will be set.
Any of our juniors who gained a Stage 2 certificate can hire a boat on their own and venture out. Juniors who gained Stage 1 are still able to sail but only with someone who holds a Stage 2. So our Stage 1’s should still come down as there is plenty of space on those Picos! If any parent needs further information please email the club.
IMPORTANT NEWS – Have you been helping your club? Please remember that we are still in the running to grab up to £4000 from Tesco through their “Bags of Help” scheme. Please shop in Tesco and vote for BCSC by popping the token against our name in the voting bins. It is the last month, so fingers crossed we can get enough money to get a new boat to help train all these juniors!
This Week – Bottom Clubhouse.
- Tuesday 31st July 5.30pm – Club Sailing / Racing
- Friday 3rd August 5.30pm – Social Sailing
- Sunday 5th August 9.30am – Club Sailing
This Week – Top Clubhouse.
- Tuesday 31st July – 7.30pm – Clubhouse open as normal with Sailing Suppers available after club sailing.
- Wednesday 1st August – 8.00pm – Music Night – Gilbert & Sullivan – The Pirates of Penzance.
- Thursday 2nd August– 8.30pm – Quiz Night – Come and test your knowledge in our fun weekly quiz.
- Friday 3rd August – 10am – 3pm is our Monthly Fayre
- Friday 3rd August – 8.30pm onwards we have our weekly members draw. You have to be there to win it, so please come up and see if you are a winner.
- Saturday 4th August. No official event though the clubhouse will be open from 7.30pm. Come and have a drink amongst friends.
Paella Night is back by popular demand. Tickets now available at the bar.