We had a good turn out for our last Friday session for this year. Friday seems to be a popular day for our juniors and social sailors so we will make sure the Friday sessions happen again next year. We hope everyone has enjoyed the training, light hearted racing and general relaxed vibe of our social sessions.
This last week we have finished off the remaining bit of sailing training for this season. Many congratulations to Bryony and Callie on completing their Level 2. We also welcome Steve Norman into our instructing team after he successfully completing his Assistant Instructor course. Well done to all.
With our training coming to an end, this is an ideal moment to thank Guy for all the training he has provided this year along with the time and effort he puts into making each session a success. I would guess this year has seen the most amount of sailing and volunteer training offered at BCSC. He can, however, not do it alone and again thank all the instructing team, safety boaters, beachmasters and general helpers who have helped so much.
There is still plenty of sailing ahead! We still have two more Tuesday nights one being our Twilight Trophy Race, and Sundays continue for at least another month. An extended season is planned from October onwards with more details on how this will work being released shortly.
With the season slowly coming to an end the focus switches to the Top Clubhouse. Check the site regularly for updates on social events. We have plenty happening including weekly quiz nights, music and film nights, members draw along with twice monthly special evenings. Last night was our first Farmer Supper which was a big hit. Thank you to all that helped and attended.
Have a great week.
This Week – Bottom Clubhouse.
- Tuesday 4th September 5.30pm – Club Sailing – Sailing Suppers available afterwards in the top clubhouse. (Please try and get down prompt to get the max time on the water before it gets dark)
- Sunday 9th September 9.30am – Club Sailing
This Week – Top Clubhouse.
- Tuesday 4th September – 7.30pm – Clubhouse open as normal with Sailing Suppers available after club sailing.
- Wednesday 5th September – 8.00pm – Gilbert and Sullivan Night – HMS Pinafore.
- Thursday 6th September – 8.30pm – Quiz Night – Come and test your knowledge in our fun weekly quiz.
- Friday 7th September – 8.30pm onwards we have our weekly members draw. You have to be there to win it, so please come up and see if you are a winner.
- Saturday 8th September – 7.30pm – Last Night Of The Proms – Bring your flags, don the finery and head up to the top clubhouse from 7.30pm to watch the BBC Proms live on the big screen. Fish and Chip suppers available but please pre-order these before Wednesday. Click the banner below for more details.